Notice of Burglaries at Student Apartments, Fairfax Campus
Posted: December 2, 2014 at 5:15 pm
In compliance with the provisions of the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act of 1988, the George Mason University Police Department is giving notice of three separate burglaries at the Student Apartments since Friday, November 21, 2014.
In all three incidents, someone may have gained entry through unlocked exterior doors. Laptop computers were taken from all three apartments.
- Incident #1: Reported on 11/21/2014, occurred on 11/21/2014 between 3:00 pm & 3:40 pm
- Incident #2: Reported on 11/24/2014, occurred between the evening of 11/21/2014 & afternoon of 11/24/2014
- Incident #3: Reported on 11/29/2014, occurred between the evening of 11/26/2014 & afternoon of 11/29/2014
It can be assumed that conditions continue to exist that may pose a threat to members and guests of the community. Police have increased patrols in this area.
Anyone with information pertaining to these crimes can contact Mason Police at (703) 993-2810 or by using the Crime Solvers Anonymous Tip Hot-Line at (703) 993-4111. You can also download the free MasonWatch mobile safety application to submit information directly to the Mason Police.
Mason Police reminds members of the community of the following:
* Always lock all windows and doors even when home.
* When not home, leave exterior lights on as well as an interior light.
* Keep shades or curtains drawn after dark.
* “Case” your residence the way an intruder would and look for ways to enter your residence.
* Look out for your neighbors. Report suspicious people and activity immediately.
Mason students, staff, faculty, and citizens near Mason campuses are encouraged to report all suspicious persons or incidents, however minor, to Mason Police immediately at 703-993-2810.