Damaged Water Line Near Merten Hall
Posted: October 22, 2015 at 12:38 pm
The university has discovered a damaged water line at the intersection of Rappahannock River Lane and Patriot Circle. Fairfax County Water Authority is working to repair this line. However we want to alert you to some adjustments in traffic patterns and service directly related to these repairs.
- Rappahannock River Lane will be temporarily closed where it intersects with Patriot Circle.
- Westbound Patriot Circle will be closed between the visitor entrance to Rappahannock Deck and Chesapeake River Way.
- CUE Bus and Mason Express shuttles will continue to operate on schedule, however they will be temporarily re-routed to the service lane next to Merten Hall.
- Bus stops on Rappahannock River Lane may be used as normal. The buses will stop behind the shelters.
- The Mason-Metro and West Campus shuttles will not stop at Rappahannock River Lane starting at 11:30 a.m. today.
We ask that all employees, students and visitors who have parked their vehicles in the service lane next to Merten Hall to please relocate their vehicles immediately. This will allow us to expedite repairs and limit the interruption in service.
We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this issue.
Vice President of Facilities