The National Weather Service has issued a Tornado Warning for the Loudoun Campus. Seek shelter if necessary or hazardous conditions exist.
- Locate and take shelter in hardened structure immediately.
- Move to an interior room or hallway without windows on the lower floors of the building.
- Stay away from large loose objects such as bookcases, cabinets, or shelves.
- Do not use elevators or glass enclosed stairwells.
- If you are outdoors and unable to reach a building return to your vehicle or find a low lying area and protect your head with your hands, bag, or other items.
- Remain in the shelter area until the severe weather has passed.
Additional information about this weather event is available via weather radios, local TV stations, or on line at http://weather.gov. A tornado warning means that a severe thunderstorm capable of producing tornadoes is imminent or occurring. NWS weather warnings span a large area; this weather warning does not mean that campus will be struck by a tornado, but there is a possibility that a tornado may occur on or near campus. Take appropriate precautions based on your location, activities, and weather conditions.